Sunday, June 12, 2016

19 Days in Europe and Counting

I have now been in Europe for 19 days and it still doesn't feel real. I always heard about my friends studying abroad and never imagined that it would be me one day. My colleague and I have seen Korcula Island (Croatia), Prague (Czech Republic), as well as Bolaglio and Milano, Italy. All four places have been absolutely beautiful but all in their own unique way. Korcula Island was breath-taking to the eye because it had amazing historic architecture of stone, beautiful beaches, as well as mountains and forests. It is a small island of 3,000 people and didn't have running water until the last thirty years. Prague is a place that I wish everybody could see in their lifetime. Something about the colorful and tall houses/buildings and small streets gives off such a welcoming feeling. The St. Charles bridge and the John Lennon Wall were two of my favorite places. Milano, Italy is perhaps my favorite city I have seen so far. Everybody here looks so beautiful and carries themselves so proudly. Duomo is the heart of the city and never fails to make my jaw drop. The enormous Cathedral, bountiful amount of shops, and the Italian architecture is amazing. Our hotel is not too far from an awesome canal district called Navigli that has delicious restaurants and is always busy with locals. This past weekend 6 of us went to Lake Como in Bolaglio, Italy. The lake was full of different small, colorful villages and was a blast.  I am still in awe that I am experiencing this wonderful and enriching opportunity. We just finished our first course, introduction to Italian language and the week couldn't have gone better. I learned several different phrases and words that have already helped me communicate with the Italian people. The language isn't too complicated and I hope to continue learning more of it throughout my journey. This upcoming week, we have the Economics course and I can't wait to learn more about Italy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment